Over the last 20 years, TV manufacturers have surpassed many people’s expectations of technology, versatility, image quality, connection to other electronic equipment (laptop, tv, video projector, music speakers, brightness etc.). The connectivity component through Bluetooth and wireless technologies has almost reached a level where you no longer need cables at home or at work for TVs. Specific research in this field has kept TVs in the top of people’s preferences for high-end communication and information equipment. There are many peoples who now have more than 2 TVs in their homes. In the workplace, companies attach great importance to this equipment and use them in the fields of communication, advertising, and human resource development for employees. Televisions are now very smart and versatile. The technology provided by these TVs gives people the ability to access and accumulate information in extraordinarily fast and very efficient time without the need for any other electronic equipment (laptop, video projector, even mobile phone). The quality of the image is a very important asset, now reaching a quality that 20-30 years ago was not possible. Funny is that many years ago, the TVs occupied a lot of space, the image was black and white, they had many buttons, they were not equipped with a remote control, they had very few functions, it was necessary to have more equipment to communicate or receive/transmit images. That’s why, now that a TV is equipped with a lot of technology and is very performing, choosing a TV is a very complex process. People, in general, are mindful of many aspects, with a multitude of selection criteria. Next, we will review some of the key selection criteria for such equipment.
- Year – every calendar year, the technologies, software, and image quality of these equipment are improved. It is even possible that there are substantial improvements over a calendar year. That’s why, in the purchasing process, we recommend that it is paid attention to this aspect.
- Weight – if this equipment is transported out of work or outside the home, weight and size are the first 2 criteria that are analyzed by TV users. Thus, it is recommended that the weight of the TV be reduced as little as possible if the TV is to be transported outside the house or even in the various rooms in the home.
- Size – TVs can now even reach a diagonal of 200 cm. Of course, such TVs cannot be integrated into the kitchen. That is why this dimension needs to be analyzed as a selection criterion for spatial allocation in the TV home. In the same context, the TV emits light and very powerful radiation. A very large size of a TV that is located in a relatively small room may generate the risk that this incorrect location will lead to increased eye fatigue. Another important aspect of the size is the fact that you want the TV to be integrated into the furniture in the room, this TV would have been recommended to be purchased after the furniture was purchased and assembled. Even the color of the TV should be chosen after the furniture in the room is mounted. Also, in this context, it is very important to observe the other pieces of furniture in the other rooms in the house to see if this TV is too small or too big if you want to move it to other living quarters.
- Sound – sound is very important to people. The sound associated with the image and the message transmitted by a movie, a video, a photo, the musical piece, can stir emotions in people. That’s why we recommend that the sound would be at least stereo. In the same context, a speaker system can be connected to the TV that can significantly increase the sound transmission performance.
- Image – people want the things they look at (movies, commercials, photos, videos, documents, games, software, etc.) or work with (documents, presentation materials, photo, video, web page, social media) to be seen as clearly as possible. It is recommended the technology to be at least HD. Today there are TVs that integrate these display technologies and offer great image quality. In the same context, it is very important that when purchasing a TV, to be careful that the image is not jammed. This negative jamming process can be seen, for example, in live broadcasts at soccer-volleyball, basketball, when the ball has a high speed. Spectrum of brightness and contrast can be among the criteria for selecting a performant TV.
- Connectivity / Network Connectivity – It is recommended that your TVs have Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and connectivity slots. In addition to these mandatory features, the TV must also be capable of connecting via USB, HDMI, optical cable output. Lately, there is a tendency for TVs to have their voice command even without the need for remote controls, even being remotely controlled. These functions of the TV and other electronic equipment offer the possibility that people can first receive and transmit information in a speed and manner that could not be imagined 20-30 years ago.
- Smart Function – With this feature, the TV becomes a “communication portal” between the home and the planet. In the TV can be brought digital information unimaginable in the past 20-30 years. All major companies have developed software compatible with TVs, which can also be equipped with the Bluetooth keyboard. Now you can connect to your email address, social networking accounts, interactive games, see online broadcasts from anywhere in the world. If a few years ago, these TV functions were in the beginning, they now have an optimal working speed and can make the TV very versatile and friendly.
- Art – lately, great attention is paid to the functions of a television to make it an art object in the home and not just an electronic equipment. For example, there are current TVs that can have software to provide the TV with a certain range of brightness, or turn it into a picture frame or offer a picture of a painting, or provide high quality music. Extremely interesting is that today these new features of performant TVs can be commanded by people by voice.
- Energy – people tend to buy electronic equipment that consumes minimal electricity in recent years. Adapting manufacturers of electronic equipment to these requirements is very good. In this regard, it can be said that during this period there are already many electronic equipment, including TVs that have lower energy consumption than in recent years.
- Color and style design to be modern and appealing – An extremely important asset is the component of inspiration and positive energy that can provide a smart TV. After fulfilling the performance, weight, speed, working and storage capabilities, color, design and style can be the latest and most important criteria. If color, design and style appeal to people, then you can decide that the TV is considered to be the “favorite TV”.